Policy and legislation
The development and implementation of national and EU tax policies is an issue of crucial importance for an internationally active industry such as cruising. In view of the global and highly itinerant nature of cruise operations, it is essential that any regulatory framework within which our members operate does not impose excessive and disproportionate burdens that act as barriers to the sector’s growth potential.
Its membership comprises tax experts from the major cruise companies operating in Europe.
Chairman: David Dingle, Carnival UK
- CLIA Europe Guidelines on Supply of TBES - March 2015
- CLIA Europe response to CASE questionnaire re economic effects of the current VAT regime for passenger transport – October 2013
- ECC-ECSA Preliminary views on the EC Communication on the Future of VAT – May 2012
- ECC response to EC questionnaire on “Review of the Community Guidelines on State Aid to Maritime Transport” – May 2012
- Commission Green paper on the future of VAT – A contribution from the ECC – May 2011