Policy and legislation
Environment, Safety & Security Advisory Committee
The cruise industry operates to the highest safety and security standards and has always been committed to protecting the environment.
CLIA Europe strives for an EU regulatory environment that supports safe shipping operations and environmental protection, and that recognises the international dimension of the sector and the role played by the International Maritime Organisation. The Advisory Committee also addresses operational issues raised by CLIA Europe members and pursues these with the competent national and regional authorities.
Chairman: Tom Strang, Carnival Corporation
- CLIA Europe response to public consultation on Carbon footprinting - June_2014
- CLIA Europe response to EU consultation on Air Quality review –_March 2013
- ECC and CLIA Policy on Life Boat Loading for Training – October 2012
- ECC Submission to EC Consultation on the revision of passenger ship safety legislation – June 2012
- ECC Passenger Muster Policy – February 2012
- ECC Statement on Blackwater Discharge – April 2011
- ECC Agreement on Discharges in the Baltic – May 2009
- ECC Statement of Commitment on the Environment – December 2008