Cruise Lines International Association are delighted to announce an exciting opportunity for a Director Public Relations role within our Brussels Office Team.
The Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) DIRECTOR, PUBLIC RELATIONS is a key position in the integrated Strategic Communications team including public affairs, public relations, research and digital/social media. This position reports to the SVP, Global Strategic Communications. The position focuses on growing the global reputation of the cruise industry not only as a great way to vacation but as a vital and responsible part of the travel and tourism sector.
The Director, Public Relations is responsible for planning and executing proactive media and stakeholder outreach for their region in alignment with the goals of the organization. They work collaboratively with their counterparts including Public Affairs, Research and Digital to ensure fully integrated planning and consistency of message across the full range of available channels and in all geographies.
The Director, Public Relations manages Public Relations agencies and contractors in their region. In addition, in collaboration with their peers, they have responsibility to equip and activate local practitioners around the globe in a highly matrixed organization. They will continuously examine Public Relations practices within CLIA and share best practices. They will be up-to-date on current Public Relations practices.
The Director builds relationships with their counterparts in the industry including communications professionals at the cruise lines and at partner organizations. They are budget conscious and resourceful. They have superior writing skills and can turn technical information and data into audience-friendly communications.
- Develop and implement a Public Relations strategy based on multi-stakeholder goals and CLIA’s overall strategy
- Lead and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure a fully integrated communications strategy
- Manage agency(ies) and contractors regionally and in coordination with other regions
- Research, develop and pitch story ideas and angles to general business and industry outlets
- Write compelling communications including key message documents, press pitches, executive speeches and talking points, white papers and content for digital and social
- Collaborate across key CLIA and external subject matter experts to access content and perspectives
- Manage media interviews, including interviewee preparation and follow-ups
- Build relationships with key stakeholders including media, trade, industry and policymakers
- Manage, in coordination with the Director, Public Affairs, the Strategic Communications Committee including content for in-person meetings, phone calls and email correspondence
- Lead and train junior team members and other internal colleagues
- Stay up-to-date with and communicate Public Relations best practices
- Help develop systems and protocols that result in efficient workflow
- 8+ years Public Relations/Communications work experience including executing integrated Public Relations strategies
- Excellent media relations, writing and presentation skills
- Ability to come up to speed on complex issues quickly
- Experience working in a global company or organization or highly matrixed organization
- Experience directing external agencies and contractors
- Ability to interact with, and at times direct, high level executives
- Understanding of preparation for and execution of issues/crisis communications
- Aptitude for problem solving and bias toward action
- Ability to read research and data to develop unique story angles across a variety of audiences
- Demonstrates understanding of and ability to develop and manage communications budgets
- Entrepreneurial work style with ability to prioritize, delegate and manage teams to produce high quality work
- Strong attention to detail and polish
How to apply:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.