Policy and legislation
Tourism & Consumer Affairs Subcommittee
Being the association representing almost the totality of cruise lines operating in Europe, CLIA Europe sees the tourism sector as one of its main pillars of activity. CLIA Europe member lines are fully dedicated and committed to ensuring the greatest comfort and care of all passengers on cruises throughout the world, in accordance with, and in some cases exceeding, the existing regulatory requirements.
The Tourism and Consumer Affairs Subcommittee tackles all legislative and policy activities at the European Union level on tourism and consumer affairs which may have an impact on cruise industry. It also discusses relevant issues arising at the national level of interest for operators.
Chair: Maria Pittordis, Hill Dickinson LLP
- CLIA EUROPE RESPONSE TO THE EC CONSULTATION ON THE EUROPEAN TOURISM OF THE FUTURE MARCH 2014
- CLIA EUROPE POSITION PAPER ON THE REVISION OF THE PACKAGE TRAVEL DIRECTIVE November 2013
- CLIA Europe/Medcruise contribution on Coastal and Maritime Tourism for Blue Growth October 2013
- CLIA EUROPE POSITION PAPER ON SCHENGEN VISA FOR TOURISTS – June 2013
- European Cruise Council Declaration on Europe, the World's Nr 1 Tourist Destination – July 2012